Bali is just south of the equator and has a yr spherical tropical climate with solely 2 seasons – moist (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I’ve visited in each seasons, and found each are unpredictable, nonetheless, the temperature is normally fixed at round 28 – 30. Even when it does bucket down with rain, you are by no means cold! The mountain regions are at all times a bit of cooler, particularly at evening, so if you’re staying in that area it’s a good suggestion to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as doable!
– Smart-informal and comfortable is the norm, but keep in mind to pack comfortable walking/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for those sudden showers.
– An extended skirt for the ladies and pair of long trousers is a must, significantly if visiting temples where this etiquette is a requirement. (Instead sarongs may be hired or purchased at level of entry very cheaply).
– Should you wear glasses, it’s a good idea to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for long trips – if you endure humidity stress, an excellent refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag in your trip for quick ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you may have forgotten will be bought very cheaply in Bali!
– Journey insurance coverage is a should – if you do not already have it – consult your journey agent or travel insurance could be bought on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, travel insurance and I.D. info ubud spa – depart one copy at dwelling (with a relative or pal) and take the opposite copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the unique documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or otherwise).
– Most hotels & lodging have safes – either at reception or in-room – use them for your personal security & peace of mind.
– Using your credit card to make purchases in Bali is a safe and broadly accepted follow, nevertheless, always take care as you would anyplace e.g. do not let your card out of your sight at the level of transaction.
– Bali has its share of petty crime the identical as any country – take care together with your purse or valuables at all times. (Drive past ‘snatches’ have gotten more prevalent).
– Only change cash at your hotel, resort or reputable looking areas the place you trust the changer (and the calculator used) – traditional observe is to count your money back earlier than you and a receipt is given.
– A superb tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ foreign money converter with you – it’s going to solely be a tough information (as foreign money trade rates change each day in Bali) however it may save the frustration of haggling over something which might only be a few dollars difference. You can also make up your personal ‘guide’ from any of several on-line alternate foreign money netsites.